[TowerTalk] re: EZ way towers/ your thoughts

Richard Thorne rthorne@tcac.net
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 07:22:47 -0500

Steve:

Several years ago I helped N4CW go and pickup an EZ-Way tower.  Luckily it
was already out of the ground.  The fins were in pretty good shape.  Bert
installed it and it worked well.  I don't think he has it any longer though.

Bert  any comments?

asfco wrote:

> Whats the general feeling about purchasing an EZ way tower thats been up
> for 15+ years?
>     I know the base is a heavy finned section that is held in place by
> earth. What is one likely to find down there when its all uncovered? I
> would think after that ammount of time a new base would be in order but
> these are NLA..
>    Even though this tower is about a mile away I would be inclined to
> keep on looking for either a Tri-Ex or US Tower
> Rgds
> Steve

Richard Thorne
ARS N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)