[TowerTalk] Petrezewski (sp?) array ..

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:56:41 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/01 12:54:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

<< At 02:33 PM 4/5/01 +0100, Bill Tippett wrote:
 >P.S.  Personally, I would go with a driven system (Comtek) if I were
 >using full-size dipoles...you only need 4 instead of 5 and the results
 >are more predictable using a forced system IMHO.

 Actually, the parasitic systems work fine with 4 or even three dipoles,
 although the beamwidth increases proportionately.  Wx0B and I are arguing
 offline about which system shows better F/B and gain in modeling...

 One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the tower in the center of
 such an array can play a significant role, at least as reflected in the
 currents that flow on it.  I'm not sure what experience has been with the
 effect of a tower in the center of a 4-square.

 73, Pete N4ZR
 Contesting is!

Why not use a telephone pole?  k7gco