[TowerTalk] RE:Questions

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:07:03 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/01 10:19:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
JClymerjr@aol.com writes:

> For those interested in Gripples, please see:
>  http://www.gripple.co.uk/indust/index.htm.

    This is a UK idea that Rohn looked at several years ago. I don't remember
if it'll handle EHS but hams will NEVER use this system because you need to
buy the terminations and a special tool.

>  With regard to my question about the "bending moment" of 6061-T6 aluminum,
>  what I was actually looking for was the approx. yield strength of 2" O.D.,
>  .375 wall, round aluminum tubing.

    6061-T6 has a yield strength of 35,000 psi. The figure is for the
material so the particular configuration has little to do with it.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech