[TowerTalk] permit help/engineer stamp?

ukii ukii@megsinet.net
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 22:35:41 -0500

Howdy Folks...
Well,back to my buddy who has a correctly installed
Tri-Ex 70ft tower installed...
Well,he didnt have a permit as was told by the city of
Chicago to get one,,,
Well,after much grief,he is now at the point where they
will issue him a permit if he gets a Structural Engineer
to sign the Tri-Ex plans (instructions) and the permit
application...
Well,I was kinda under the impression that the tri-ex plans were drafted by
an engineer and approved by
 "someone" before this thing was sold...
ANYWHO,Please,anyone know a structural engineer in Illinois that might sign
this thing without charging an arm and a leg? (1 estimate was 5k!!!)
Other advice is also welcome...
Thanks Much for the help!
john
n9ukx