[TowerTalk] Pouring concrete

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:44:19 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/01 6:28:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time, K4BEV@aol.com
writes:

> I'm not a concrete guy, but I figure 27 cubic feet of concrete per yard.
>  A 3x3x4 hole is 36 cubic feet.
>  6 holes = 216 cubic feet or 8 yards of concrete.
>  How do you get by with a 1/2 yard of concrete per hole?
>
>  This has been of great interest to me as I'm ready to pour 1 3x3x4 hole
for
>  some Rohn 25.  I have a hand mixer lined up, but after reading these posts
>  believe I'll forget it and get a concrete truck and a load of dirt to fix
> the yard.

    What does your Rohn book say? (Available from  <A
HREF="www.championradio.com">www.championradio.com</A> )

    The Rohn specs only call for enough concrete to capture the end of the
anchor rod - the rest is back-filled with dirt. What you're proposing is to
fill the hole plus have some additional above grade which is not necessary.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,