[TowerTalk] RE: Pouring Concrete

DMartin560@aol.com DMartin560@aol.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:29:31 EDT

In a message dated 04/09/2001 12:11:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
K7LXC@aol.com writes:

<< OTOH if you're pouring something bigger than anchors, i.e. self-support
 tower base, you DO want to go to the rental yard and get a concrete
vibrator.
 This'll move the concrete around in the hole easily and is *really* worth
the
 forty bucks or so it costs to rent.

I agree here.  Makes the surface look really good (no air pockets) when you
un-form any exposed above grade surfaces.  Just be sure to leave the vibrator
in an area only a few seconds or the stone in the mix will settle to the
bottom...ie: the mix will seperate.  I could probably send a few pics of a
vibrator in action and of the finished product to anybody that would care to
see.

Dwayne  -  KG4ADM

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com