[TowerTalk] Vatican to cut broadcasts over ecological fight

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:46:26 -0400

> An awful lot of hams have prostate cancer.  It's amazing to me how
> often I run into a ham on a cancer support list.  Either we hams are
> far more likely to be active on the boards, or we are more likely to
> attract cancer. Similar observation for pilots.  Nothing scientific,
> of course, just a personal observation.
> And there are probably quite a few of us who have prostate cancer and
> don't know it.  I've often wondered whether all those days as a
> teenager spent operating, at times with homebrewed KW amps that were
> rather poorly shielded, might some day do me in.

The cause obviously isn't radio waves, which have been proven time
and time again in controlled tests to be harmless.

When researches TRY to find a link between RF Exposure and
cancers, they can not. This is one thing that has been looked at so
many time and so many ways, that it would certainly have shown a
link by now if there was one.

Prostate cancer is encouraged by a lack of sex. When you walk
around at a hamfest, it's easy to see why prostate cancer and ham
radio would go together like potato chips and beer.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com