[TowerTalk] Info wanted

Ward Silver hwardsil@WOLFENET.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:32:23 -0700 (PDT)

Cynthia Wall wrote a whole series of Ham Radio books and the Tommy
Tompkins books were also quite popular a while back.  I think those were
put back into print recently and may be available through the Ham Radio
Bookstore.

Both are a good read for the 8-12 year old set.

73, Ward N0AX

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 04:35:39 -0700 Tom Osborne <w7why@harborside.com>
> writes:
>
> > Sorry to be off subject, but I have been looking for a book.  I
> > remember as a kid there was a story in Boy's Life magazine, back
> > in the late 50's, about a couple of kids who went to college and
> > set up some antenna's and worked a bunch of DX.  They had an old
> > Gonset Commander (used to have one) set up with some stealth
> > antennas.  Does anyone remember this story?
>

> K1VR:  That was Tom and Jerry, by Herb Brier W9EGQ. His stories of their
> exploits appeared in both Boys Life and Popular Electronics. I do not
> remember a book, tho.
>

>   Would like to get a
> > copy for my grandson to read.  Maybe pique his interest in ham
> > radio.  Thanks and 73 all!
> > Tom W7WHY
>

> K1VR: Three books have been written by a woman who is Cynthia
> WA7-something. They are sold by Ham Radio Bookstore and the ARRL. Also
> good. My daughter enjoyed one of those, but it didn't stick. Oh well.
>
> Nonetheless, I was FASCINATED by the adventures of Tom and Jerry. Stories
> of their teenagerhood should be timeless.
>
> Fred Hopengarten K1VR
> hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
> Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
> 781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421
> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
>
> List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
> safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
> http://www.championradio.com
>
> -----

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com