[TowerTalk] cax under a driveway

Wes Attaway wes@attawayinterests.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:52:33 -0500

It is pretty easy to tunnel under a normal driveway.  I have done it several
times using a couple of ten-foot lengths of 3/4" plastic pipe fitted with a
garden hose connector at one end.  You need to dig a trench on one side of
the driveway, deep enough to get down under the bottom grade level of the
concrete.  The trench should "point" in the direction you want to tunnel,
and be long enough to accommodate the full length of the first section of
pipe.  When you have everything ready just hook the hose to the pipe fitting
and turn on the water.  Start pushing and you will be amazed at how fast wou
will wallow a hole under the driveway.  The prep work usually takes a lot
longer than the tunneling (unless you have a rocky yard).  In rocky ground,
or for longer runs, you would probably need to use steel pipe instead of
plastic.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Tom Martin
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 6:43 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] cax under a driveway

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to dig a hole under a concrete
driveway?  The coax from my tower would either have to be elevated 12
feet above the driveway , or buried under it.  I am not going to cut a
path through it!  Doesn't the city lay pipe under sidewalks without
damaging the existing concrete?

Thanks,

Tom W8JWN

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,