[TowerTalk] cax under a driveway

FireBrick w9ol@billnjudy.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:55:55 -0500

Your local tool rental may not like this idea but I've used it for short
runs.
first dig a hole on each side of the driveway
Hope your driveway isn't that wide.
The using pvc pipe slowly start it horizontal.
just enough to get it going in right direction/plane.

Now the dirty part. Rent a BIG power sewer rodder with a 'root' cutting
head.
The head diameter is to match the pvc ID.
Run the rodder into the pvc.
Just a few inches at a time.
withdraw and clean the mud off.
Push the pipe a few more inches.

DO NOT RUSH IT.
YOU DON'T REALLY WANT THE RODDER TO GO PAST THE END OF THE PIPE.
You want the rodder to clean the dirt out of the pipe.

This is basically the same technique those 'Underground Contractors' use
to push pipe under a street.

Patience is the key, try to do to much with each attempts will cause you
to have to pull the pipe out and restart.