[TowerTalk] Tilting Boom Design

x montytaylor@texoma.net
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:56:55 -0500

Mike,

If I recall, on my HyGain 204-BA 4 element mono-bander, it  had a die-cast
boom-to-mast mounting bracket that allowed you to tilt the antenna down, but
it was primarily designed to help with the initial mounting of the antenna.
I should tell you that I did this in 1970, so actual details are not
completely recollectable.  I would look at the current 204BA assembly manual
if you can find one or call Telex/HyGain sales/technical support for
details.

Regards,
Monty/WB5GLB since 1967

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Mike Wetzel
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 6:38 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilting Boom Design

Can anyone point me to a picture or diagram that has a mast to boom mount
that will allow the boom to tilt over so that the elements on the ends of
the boom are accessible from lower on the tower?  I plan to have a 48' boom
close to the top of the tower that I'd like to tilt and be able to reach an
element on each end of the boom.  The tower is R55 with a stock flat bearing
top plate, mast is 3" o.d.

Mike W9RE

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com