[TowerTalk] Spares for Hy-Gain 402BA-S

David J. Windisch davidw@copper.net
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 06:52:27 -0400

Hi, Bernie:

I cut new insulator rectangles out of plexiglas and used a hot-air gun to
bend them at right-angles, shape them to the element curve, and heat the
wires so they can be pressed into the material and held by the hardened
meniscus.

That task completed, I am experimenting with lumped-inductors and
link-feeding the DE, as Mosley does.    You can begin at 20 turns of #12,
2-1/2" (6 cm) diameter, spaced to about 4" (10 cm) length.   Wrap a 3T link
over the DE inductor.   I'm using white PVC as formers and enclosures, and
poly endcaps.

Another thing I want to try is lengthening the elements with catenaries of
aluminum welding-wire at their ends, folded back or allowed to dangle free.

Was intending on selling the thing, but have had a new crop-up of
enthusiasm, despite condx and band-occupancy ;o)))

73, Dave, K3BHJ

PS to doom-sayers:   you worry privately about the fx of sunlight on your
construction materials, and I'll do the same.   Nothing is forever.

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----