[TowerTalk] Cost of 150' Rohn 45G/55G tower system?

k4sqr@juno.com k4sqr@juno.com
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:16:43 -0400

Mike,

Check www.burghardt-amateur.com

Load "View Catalog", which is lengthy first time, and scroll to Rohn.
In the Printed Catalog just received,
 #45G110D150 150' ROHN 45G Package with guys for 110 MPH wind zone is
US$4555. which does not include freight.

#55G110D170; 170' 55G for 110 MPH is US$6260.

Those two are from the printed catalog, in the event tower packages are
not listed at their web site, and closest to the numbers requested.

73,
Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com
4-Square Experts, Stack Yagi
& Remote Antenna Switching Systems

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001 14:44:15 -0300 "Mike & Coreen Smith"
<ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> writes:

> Can anyone give me a good estimate of what it might cost to install
> 100'-150' feet of Rohn 45G or 55G tower, complete
> with guy wires, brackets,concrete etc.?
>
> I know I could go price each itty-bitty piece of hardware from a
> catalog or
> website, but since many of you have no doubt already installed
> systems, I
> thought I might ask the group.
>
> If you wanted to add price of concrete and any professional labor
> employed,
> that would be appreciated too.
>
> I've helped (as groundcrew) install a couple Rohn 100' towers for
> an
> ex-employer of mine so have a general idea what's involved in
> getting it in
> the air, but aside from that, know little about the amount of
> concrete,
> price of tower crew for a day
> or overall cost of parts.
>
> Up until  now I've always bought old n' used Delhi 48-56' self
> supporting
> towers. Thinking seriously of moving w/i the next 2-3 years and want
> to GO
> BIG!
>
> Any help, hints, etc. much appreciated.
>
> 73 de Mike VE9AA
> Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
> (VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Baby)
> 271 Smith Rd
> Waterville, NB
> E2V 3V6
> Canada
>

> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower
> systems,
> Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our
> self
> http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----

Jim Miller, K4SQR