[TowerTalk] 40' crank-up tower question

Ken Brookner kenb@brookner.com
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 10:30:56 -0700

i'm about to put up a used aluma 40' crank-up tower (2 sections).  normally,
this tower is to be used mounted to a structure around 8 to 10 feet up.  i'm
going to be installing it in a field and plan to guy it at 10 feet and at
the top of the bottom 20 foot section--so it'll be guyed at 10' and 20'.

in a normal installation there are no guys to the tower.

i'll be mounting a KLM KT34A on it.

my questions are:

1.  does my guying arrangement sound reasonable?
2.  should i also guy from the top (~37 feet) of the top section?

this is the first time i've put up a tower so any comments are appreciated.

thanks,
kenb, n5lpi

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----