[TowerTalk] guyed tower reference/failures

David Robbins k1ttt@berkshire.net
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:19:35 +0100

birdbath supports, holding up clotheslines, supports for above ground feed
lines, fence posts, temporary supports(horizontal) for building antennas,  paint
stands, pipe racks (great for organizing small quantities of various sizes of
tubing/pipe between cross braces or long pieces down the length of the tower),
add a couple boards for low work benchs, tent/tarp poles... lots of things you
can do with bad sections of tower.

"J. Kincade" wrote:

> Hmmm... Could someone suggest exactly what a "non critical" application for
> tower sections would be, assuming humans will climb whatever structure they
> are a part of?
> 73, Jerry W5KP
>
> > The tower laid out flat and actually did very little damage to the
> > section's in the center part of the tower(the ground was flat where the
> > tower landed).  These undamaged sections were recycled among several hams
> > in the area and are still in use today in non critical applications.
>
> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net