[TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?

Philip Florig W9IXX@arrl.net
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:28:41 -0500

Hi all,

Just by sheer accident I happen to be looking at an old
copy of "The DX Magazine" in the "reading room" and
in the June 1989 issue there is an article called
"Broken Bolt Ranch" written by Steve Gecewich K0CS and
he had one of his towers come down in its full length
due to one of the common anchor bolts breaking.
He had it guyed at 4 levels from one guy point for each set.
The common eye bolt broke due to improper alinement with
the set of guys.  Also he did not backup the eyebolts
with wire rope.
Sure sounds like the idea of seperate guy anchor
points makes some sense.

Thanks to all for some very fine discussions from someone
who listens a lot but does't xmit too often.    Hi...

73    Phil

PS: Gained a lot of info for the new station in Columbus, NC.

Philip Florig           e-mail:pflorig@ieee.org
PO Box 44                   (or):W9IXX@arrl.net
Worth, IL.  60482           amateur radio:W9IXX
USA                      also:J3X-T30,31,32,33P
                            team member:AH1A-J3A