[TowerTalk] Backup for equalizer plate bolts

J. Kincade w5kp@swbell.net
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:01:31 -0500

I'd like to back up the single bolt that ties the equalizer plates to the
guy anchor eye, but I don't see a handy way to do it, since the eq plates
cover the eye on the anchor rod pretty much completely. Rohn's catalog shows
details for safety wiring a single rod anchor and eq plate in case of
turnbuckle failure (and to keep people from messing with the turnbuckle
adjustments), which I will do. But if the main bolt through the anchor rod
eye fails, it appears one is summarily screwed. Is anybody backing up this
bolt, and if so what method is being used?

Thanks,
Jerry W5KP

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----