[TowerTalk] 402cd

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:01:06 +0000

Marc,

Just for kicks I ran EZNEC for a full sized 2 element beam (24' boom)
at 24 and 28 M height.

24 M    SWR =1.306  IMPEDANCE =38 -1.8j
28 M	SWR =1.519  IMPEDANCE =33 -0.5j

Interesting that the impedance actually decreases rather than
increasing with height as the dipole impedance plot vs height
predicts.

I don't have a model for the 402CD.  It would be interesting to
actually run such a model at the two heights.

Of course, these values are at the feedpoint.  What the reading would
be at the shack end of the coax is unknown.

73 de Brian/K3KO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----