[TowerTalk] Tower Cams was-Shack Ideas

George K. Watson watson@sierracmp.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:34:08 -0600

>> I also use them around the shack and the house. Go to:
>> www.x10.com
>> They have everything you could possibly want in a remote cam. They
>> even have one that is motion triggered with a VCR. Someone comes down the
>> driveway, it turns on the VCR and records it.

Be very careful with the wireless products these folks offer if you play in
the microwave bands.
They run in the 2.4Ghz ISM slot and they run their radios very close to the
gain compression point.
The radios splatter all over the place (according to my Spectrum analyzer).
They are also susceptible
to other 2.4Ghz ISM devices. This includes 802.11b network devices and many
new phones.

X10 and AO40 (what's left of it) do not mix well.

George K. Watson
K0IW

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----