[TowerTalk] 40/80 dipole

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:58:08 -0600

A simple solution is to make a 100 ft centerfed dipole
using a Ladderline Feedline and balanced tuner.  This
can also be used on ALL HF bands where it will act
as various types of Long Wire antennas.  Check the
ARRL Antenna Book for patterns of 100 ft 'dipoles'.
(It will be the same as the well known G5RV but
with lower loss since there is no lossy coax operating
at high SWR).

Tom  N4KG