[TowerTalk] Tribander and 40M beam

Richard Thorne rthorne@tcac.net
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:00:26 -0500

Kevin:

I went through the same excercise a few years ago.  I opted for the C4XL for the
following reasons:

    - One boom for a 4 band antenna.  No need to get a real long mast for
stacking which is another expense.

    - If the 40m antenna needs adjustment you can get to it without dropping the
mast.  Plust the 40m driven element is next to the tower and makes for easy
adjustment without having to take the antenna down.

The only down side is the size of the antenna. The boom is 30' long and is a
bear to get installed.  But I still think it was easier to install a single
large antenna than having to install the 40m beam, raise the mast and then
install the C3.

GL.

Kevin Hemsley wrote:

> I'm getting close to the point of ordering an antenna for the new tower.
> I'm trying to decide between a single Force 12 C-4XL or a C-3 and an
> EF-240s.  The cost difference is within $1.  Any thoughts about the benefits
> of a single antenna vs a tribander and a two element 40M beam?
>
> Thanks,
>                 Kevin.
> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----