[TowerTalk] Sidemounts for Hy-Gain Yagis

Bill Hider n3rr@erols.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:42:05 -0400

Jim,

You don't say what HiGain monobanders you are talking about (model #,
elements, frequency?), nor do you say which one would be mounted at 30 ft,
which at 40 ft, and which at 50 ft.

Also, your 1st and 2nd "goals" are not clear.  They are stated as facts, not
goals. #3 is stated as a goal.  What do you really want to accomplish?

Do you really mean "manually"?  Or do you mean "remotely" via some kind of
rotor?

I have plenty of data on the 105CA, 115CA and 205CA with the spacings you
list, but am hesitant to post it if it's not pertinent to your question.

BTW, my general answer to what I think may be one of your electrical
questions is: "model it".  That will reveal a great deal to you and show you
why you shouldn't mount a HG 105CA 10 feet below a 115CA  (if those antennas
are of interest.)

Bill, N3RR