[TowerTalk] using that jelly in connectors

FireBrick FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:57:27 -0500

Well this time I got about 4 years out of the coax connector to the balun on
the beam.
Water got in from the weekends rain.
Burned it pretty bad.
I've tried all sorts of stunts, tape, shrink tubes, coax seal, drip loops,
trying to cover/protect it.
But in the end..Chicago weather wins.

Just curious, has anyone ever used that jelly that Ma Bell uses in those IDC
type connectors or their splices.
Would that stuff hold up to the voltage/current?

HAM AND EGGS - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.