[TowerTalk] Tower Info needed

Mark Ackaway Mark <ackster@pcsonline.com>
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:53:01 -0400

First of all Thank you very much for all of you that replied.

I still am not 100% sure of this tower type.  I had my local HAM guy check it
out and he said it looked in good condition, but could not ID it.  So,
I took some pictures that can be found at

www.myakkatech.com/tower

If you have a chance all opinions and information would be
appreciated.

Thanks Again

 Mark                            mailto:ackster@pcsonline.com

MA> I am getting a used foldover crank up tower.  From the research I have
MA> done on the net, it seems to be an EZ way tower.  It has a round base
MA> pole maybe about 4"-6" in diameter also the tower sides are in a Z pattern.  I belive
MA> it is in two sections and has two winches.  Also as I was talking to
MA> the seller, they said it has two sets of large Fins that get buried 6-8
MA> feet deep.  He has had this tower up for a while, but it seems to be
MA> in good shape.  We are not sure about the exact height of the tower,
MA> maybe 50'-70'.  He mentioned that it was possible to add another
MA> section on the tower to go higher, but he didn't have any info on
MA> that.

MA> Anyone have any info on this tower?  I will be able to supply pics in
MA> a few weeks if needed.  I would like to get an idea of wind load and
MA> if I can get another section to make it go higher.

MA> BTW is there any way to search the archives?

MA> TIA

MA>  Mark                          mailto:ackster@pcsonline.com

MA> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
MA> Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
MA> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com

MA> -----
MA> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/towertalk
MA> Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com