[TowerTalk] Rohn Tilt-over Questions

Bob Nielsen nielsen@oz.net
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:35:05 -0700

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 12:01:02PM -0400, Richard M. Cash wrote:

> Does anyone have any info about the Rohn tilt-over towers? I have a chance
> to buy a 50-foot tiltover and was curious if it would handle a 75lb, 15'
> boom beam? I have a Rohn catalog, but it doesn't have any info about the
> tilt-overs. I am aware that they are discontinued.

I have a Rohn catalog I purchased last month from Champion Radio
(presumably the current version) which has the fold-over information.

For a 48-foot 25G fold-over, it shows the safe load at the apex as 130
lbs.  With guys at the hinge only it is rated at  6.2 sq. ft. for 20
psf and 3.0 sq. ft. for 30 psf.  With guys also at the apex of the
tower, these numbers are 13.3 and 7.7 sq. ft., respectively.  Other
towers in the catalog are rated for wind speed instead of psf, so I
guess the conversion is "left as an exercise for the student," as my
professors used to say.

Bob, N7XY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----