[TowerTalk] Vertical Antennas/Boots

Tim Makins, EI8IC ei8ic@eircom.net
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:25:10 +0100

All this talk about verticals reminded me of an aquaintance who used to
install TV antennas on guyed aluminium masts, which could be 40 or 60 feet
high. He told me that they wore special boots which had an attachment to the
toe that bolted on to the 2" mast, allowing them to climb the mast to attach
or maintain the UHF yagi. I wonder if these might be useful for HF vertical
building...  Has anyone any experience of these ?

Tim EI8IC

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----