[TowerTalk] Planning for the future

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:31:50 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/01 9:51:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
smillick@cillnet.com writes:

> I may have to move in the distant future. I use Rohn 25 at present for my
>  antenna along with the HBX48 for the other antenna antennas.
>
>  If I return to my mothers house to help take care of her I will not have
>  the space I do now at the house is large. Presetnly I have a 100x150 lot
>  and over there it is probably more like 80X120 or so with the larger house
>  and a garage. Looking for suggestions for a un-guyed tower for the
following:
>  Mosley Pro57, 27 element KLM 440 beam, a 900 & 1.2 loops ounted on a side
>  by side mast, and a Comet 2, 440, 1.2 - 11 foot vertical. Presently this is
>  on 25 guyed at two places and 70 feet. I owuld like to go 60 feet but no
> guys.

    I'd just go with the HDBX48 and be done with it. The cost of ANOTHER
tower in order to go from 48' to 60' may not be worth the additional cost -
it's only 12 feet higher.

    I would recommend taking the money from the sale of the 25G tower and
buying a better HF beam like the C3. It'll run circles around your Mosley and
is lighter and smaller than the Mosley so you'll be doing your tower a favor
as well as improving your on-the-air performance. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----