[TowerTalk] Weatherproofing for copper coils?

Steve Miller millersg@dmapub.dma.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:54:36 -0400 (EDT)

Towertalkers,

I am upgrading Cushcraft 402-CDs. The plan is to replace the stock
I'd prefer to apply a low loss protective coating directly to the
copper tubing rather than construct housings for the coils.

Heat shrink tubing seemed a possible solution but finding the right
combination of UV resistance, low RF loss, and price has been
unsuccessful.  (PTFE heatshrink has good properties but runs almost
$2/foot.)

Are there any low loss paints or coatings that adhere well to copper
and can withstand a north Texas environment for several years?

Any suggestions on how best to weatherproof the coils is welcome....

Steve

--
Steve Miller   N8SM   millersg@dma.org   http://www.dma.org/~millersg