[TowerTalk] rohn 25 flat or tapered top section

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@easystreet.com
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 00:17:48 -0800

Hi Steve,

I agree that the 25AG2 is not the best choice for the top section you need.  My
choice would be a 25AG3 because it allows you to raise the mast off the rotator,
secure it in place with two set screws, and remove the rotator for service if you
have to.  It does not allow for a thrust bearing other that what is built into
the Orion 2800 (I'm not sure how much the Orion 2800 will take without an
external thrust bearing but I am guessing it is quite a lot).  My second choice
would be the 25AG4 flat top with a thrust bearing on top but if you want to
remove the rotator for servicing, you will need a second shelf just above the
rototor to keep the mast upright and vertical if you ever need to remove the
rotator for servicing.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com