[TowerTalk] Fw: Television Tower Topples Very Heavy Antennas

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 03:00:21 -0600

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 "alex" <alex@sandlabs.com> writes:

> The mishap happened because of lack of communication, fear of
> litigation and mostly because of greed - helping the Riggers would cost
the
> "Engineers" time and money :(
>
> Alex, N2NNU

EVERYTHING is built to a specification and a price.
The bottom line is how much is the CUSTOMER willing to pay
for the product.  GOVERNMENT sets the standards for SAFETY.
INSURANCE companies assess liability based on experience
with similar RISKS and statistical analysis.

Where do YOU want to draw the line?
What MARGIN of SAFETY are YOU willing to pay
for EVERYTHING you buy?  You probably
couldn't or wouldn't PAY what it costs for a
100% SAFE CAR.

Obviously you have a hostile attitude toward Engineers.
Do you have any applicable CONTRIBUTIONS to make
or do you just like to B****?

Tom  N4KG