[TowerTalk] 160m shunt-fed tower help

Fred Hopengarten k1vr@juno.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:40:11 -0500

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:19:18 -0600 Charlie Ocker
<charlie.ocker@tellabs.com> writes:

>     3                   50'                  42"
3.2 MHz        **

> **        =>        Not a viable solution, as gamma wire passes
through horizontal
> plane of lower tribander.

Bring the wire in close to the tower (twine will do, as you'll need an
insulating characteristic) to permit the rotation of the lower tribander,
then let it go out again. The tap on my tower is at 89', with a TH6DXX at
97', 40-2CD on RingRotor at 90', TH6DXX at 61', TH7DX at 31'. The middle
TH6DXX, at 61', rotates around the gamma rod which is brought in closer
to the tower and then let out again to proceed further downward. The
bottom TH7DX, at 31', is fixed on EU.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR                       hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421