[TowerTalk] High SWR and Modern Transceivers

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:17:36 -0600

Sounds like you answered your own question Pete :-)

Since you did it and nothing happened, it didn't do any harm.

FWIW,  I use the SWR cutback feature as a tuning aid
when tuning my Johnson Matchboxes.  It is MUCH faster
to tune for maximum output than constantly checking SWR.
Once I have maximum output, then I may tweek for a better
SWR,  but usually I can get to within 2:1 just on forward power.

Tom  N4KG