[TowerTalk] Trees

Mike D. hrg@cifnet.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:48:28 -0600

I recently hired an arborist to trim some trees and add screw-eyes for
antenna supports. I have a split (vee trunk) silver maple that had a support
cable installed between both trunks. They installed stainless lags
(screw-eyes) in each trunk and used a metal cable to connect the two. Each
arborist that came to estimate the work said this would not harm the tree in
any way.

ARRL has a compendium book called Classic Wire antennas. In it is an article
on trees and the author recommends using a screw-eye supports rather than
wrapping anything around a trunk or limb.

73 de Mike, N9BOR
FISTS MAC SMC SOC ZUT
http://www.qsl.net/n9bor
MAC http://www.qsl.net/mac

di dah dit - The only Roger Beep you'll ever need.
My designated driver is a 12BY7A.

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----