[TowerTalk] Color code coax lines?

Brian, N8WRL Brian, N8WRL" <n8wrl@arrl.net
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:07:58 -0500

Hi all!

I've been out of touch with the list for a while but a thought ocurred and I
wanted to tap the mind-share.

I've been doing some coax/switch/etc. reorg and found myself printing lables
on mailing label stock to label coax, control lines, etc.

A while back I seem to recall a post somewhere about color coding coax and
that got me to thinking about a color system assigning colors to bands,
possibly following the resistor color code sequence or somethign similar. I
could use colored tape or velcro to mark coax to indicate the bands they
carry, mobile coils and stingers, etc. Seems like it would be a convenient
way to look at a cable and know what signals it carries.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? Is there already a 'standard' out
there? I've been looking around at colored electrical tape and can't find
more than half a dozen colors, but maybe stickers in an office supply store
might provide more.

Ideas?

73!

-Brian n8wrl