[TowerTalk] Portable Tower Fabrication?

Dan Evans n9rla@yahoo.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 04:56:55 -0500

> I have also seen a drive on base plate like you mentioned. I don't
remember
> where I saw it but I do know it was a web site showing a Rover station in
> one of the UHF/VHF contests
> 73
> Rick
> KC5AJX

I haven't personally done anything quite as big as was suggested, but I did
build and use a drive on base plate for awhile.  I used it to support about
20' of mast rotor, and vhf antennas in my Rover expeditions.

On The Rover Resource Page, http://www.qsl.net/n9rla   is a collection of
photos from a lot of different Rover stations.   You may be able to get some
ideas from them.

Good luck,
Dan

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla