[TowerTalk] Portable Tower Fabrication?

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:59:41 +0000

>From: n4kg@juno.com
>To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Portable Tower Fabrication?
>Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:26:50 -0600
>

>On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 "Rick Bullon" <kc5ajx@hotmail.com> writes:
> >
> > Regular tent stakes were used to guy  the  tower with.
>
>Tent stakes?  You mean those 10 inch angular pieces of
>thin metal or plastic?   I  hope NOT !

Yes that is what we used the little 10" metal tent stakes. I few times we
used some pieces of rebar. The field day site is very open few trees and
nothing else. The tower was setup far enough away from the operating
positions that if it fell all that would be hurt was the antenna. This is a
field day operation and temporary. If this had been an actual emergency what
you have all the stuff your club used to put up the antennas? After all
isn't that was field day was intended to do practice for an emergency :-)
73
Rick
KC5AJX