[TowerTalk] Hink and Kinks

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:36:19 -0600

>     I've stood on them for hours at a time and haven't had any
> problems. I'll
> bet you a nickel that the writer of this great "hint" doesn't have the
> correct footwear for tower work.

What IS the straight skinny on this topic, Steve?

I've been using my 25-year-old Vibram-soled hiking boots (yes! They still
fit).

They don't allow my feet to feel the rung when standing for short or long
periods.

The space between the treads are such that they lock the boot to the rung.

The boots are high enough above the ankle that I can't easily (and
comfortably) rotate my feet up and down a whole lot at the ankle.

Even though I have been using them for their intended purpose (hiking) a
good 10 years before I started climbing towers, they have been a great
tower-climbing tool for me.

73,
dale, kg5u

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,