[TowerTalk] Suspending Cables

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:38:24 EST

In a message dated 12/19/01 6:43:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
W4EF@dellroy.com writes:

> I need to restring a bundle of coax/rotator cables (4 x LMR-400, 3
>  x rotator) across a steel messenger cable suspended between two
>  buildings (~100' span). What is the preferred method for attaching
>  the cables to the messenger. Seems that not all black cable ties are
>  UV stable over the long term. I'd like something with a 15-20 year
>  lifetime. Scotch 35? #14 awg solid copper electrical wire? UV stable
>  tiewrap?

    Put the tie wrap on first and then cover with one or two layers of Scotch
33 or 88. Should last for years - the tape will keep the UV off of the tie
wrap.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----