Fw:[TowerTalk] Cable Loss Comparison (Was 9913 reliability)

Tod - Minnesota tao@skypoint.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:33:02 -0600

Joe points out something of significance: (Besides giving us some good,
measured data)

He said, "...BTW, although I haven't been following this thread very
closely, it seems
to me that the addition of a drip loop at the end of a long downward run of
coax would surely cut down on the moisture running over the connector (thus
decreasing the chance of water ingress). "

I have put small 'water' shields  (not "water-tight" shields, but rain and
snow deflectors) over all of my coax connectors and have included drip loops
wherever possible. I am certain that has helped minimize water intrusion
over the past 10+ years. A few little things can make a very significant
difference.

73,

Tod, KOTO

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----