[TowerTalk] 9913 Reliability

Steve Maki steve@oakcom.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:33:15 -0500

VE7HCB wrote:

>>You think training installers to seal properly is easier than
>>installing a simple pressurization system? Nope!

>I hope that the instalers are not reading this!!

The CATV industry learned early on to design systems that
could be installed by the average installer - probably a
little below average, on average!

>>BTW, bullet holes in the coax IS a very real concern for stations
>>in metro areas.

>Is that the competition?  How do they get away with firing in an urban
>area.  Here we have a "sanitary land fill site" within the city limits.  A
>RCMP officer was target practicing they.  But he almost lost his job and
>put away for awhile.

One station I work for on a regular basis has rectangular
waveguide instead of coax, and it is regularly popped with
22 shells. This isn't Canada, for sure.

I'd hate to think though that I couldn't plink the woodchucks
around my place. I'd be overrun with em otherwise.

Steve K8LX

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----