[TowerTalk] My 2c about Relays

Zoran Brlecic WA7AA@attbi.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:17:17 -0800

alex wrote:

> However, judging from the content of your message, I will say that
> you do not know that your CAR is run by at least 3 processors.

Keep your day job. Judge you ain't.

> How many time did you RESET your car today ?
> I don't think that your wife has reset very often your washing machine,
> this is if you have one :)

No, I'm still saving for one, but my trailer keeps leaking and I gotta buy beer
for the baby...

> There is a fundamental difference between PC "Platforms" and "Embedded
> Systems". Learn to know it as your can opener will start to talk to you very
> soon

No, it won't. The fact that something can be done with a microprocessor doesn't
mean it will be or that it's a prudent thing to do. Can openers and remote
antenna switch-boxes fall into the same category. I'm sure you could design a
toilet bowl that runs on the RISC platform. The question is "why", not "why
not".

> an you will get scared as  a Neanderthal in front of a TV set :)

Can't afford that either. Baby also needs smokes.

> And yes, our designs do not need QSK. I know of many amateurs that do not
> need QSK. Don't you ?

That is irrelevant to the issue in question. I know of many amateurs who do not
need amplifiers. Don't you ?

>  And why shell I spend money for a Mercedes if all I need is to carry 6 tons
> of Sand from here to there ?

False analogy, non sequitur, straw man argument all at once.

Thanks and 73, QRT, QSY .......... Zoran WA7AA

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----