[TowerTalk] Vertical on 80

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:31:23 -0800

I have looked at them.  Here they only come in 10ft sections.  Longer may
be available but at a price.  The ones that I have looked at seem to have a
thin wall, not very strong.  I donot know what alloy Al.

I have been told that the best is the long lengths of exhaust pipe, galvo
inside and outside and strong.  Different sizes swedged could make a good
vertical but how I?

Another that I was looking at was electrical piping, the stuff that is used
for the stack on the roof.  It is also available in differenct sizes but is
expensive.  For my re-service the pipe was CA$60 for 10ft. plus taxes.

Chris opr VE7HCB

At 08:06 PM 2001-12-22 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
>I'm still trying to decide what to do for an 80-meter vertical antenna
>also, so I also would appreciate seeing a discussion of options for
>70 foot verticals.
>
>What about chain link fence toprail? How high have people used
>it?? My location has less wind than yours, but I still would like
>something that lasts.
>
>Merry Xmas to everyone!
>73, Tom W8JI
>W8JI@contesting.com

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----