[TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?

Stu Greene wa2moe@firstinter.net
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:41:42 -0700

At 08:22 PM 12/28/01 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>I'm not ready to concede that the ARRL's representation in DC, including
>its attorney, isn't as good as anyone else's.  I think your first reading
>is correct -- they want ARRL to take it to Congress, so let's get on with it.

Pete, I think this case was a mistake.  If the FCC can make statements
which are factually incorrect, the case was presented in a manner which is
troublesome.

I do not know why evidence was not submitted, nor do I know why, during the
course of the arguments, ARRL's counsel did not ask for an opportunity to
offer evidence including the analogous zoning cases which have become part
of American jurisprudence.

It seems to me that ARRL owes  American hams an explanation.  Not a
justification, but a full accounting of the facts, its analysis of the law
and why the case was filed and argued barren of evidence.

                                                    Stu