[TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? CC&R's

Dinsterdog@aol.com Dinsterdog@aol.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:21:57 EST

I lived in a CCR neighborhood for 5 years in Denver.  I put up a few outdoor
antennas, like J pole and a ground mounted vertical, no one complained.  Then
I put a AEA Isoloop on the roof and 10 meters started coming into a couple of
my neighbor's TVs and phones.  I fixed most of it, out of my pocket, but I
had one neighbor who was an audiophile with stereo speaker cables going from
his basement to his 2nd floor bedroom and rat shack cables connecting his Big
screen etc......we fixed 98% of his problems, and the remaining 2 percent
became 100% again.  So after about 16 months of working with him, he tried to
sue me in court and lost as my antenna's by then had been grandfathered in
since no one complained within the first year.

He moved over it but not before seeing my moving truck loading up my stuff
for my move to Wyoming-  He put me through heck and it was rewarding to see
his face with the SOLD sign in his front yard as I loaded my stuff- Almost as
good as seeing neighbors nearby say no to his petition to form a HOA due to
me- what a neighbor-eh?

He should have been nicer and I would have told him I was moving when he put
his for sale sign out but he didn't want to speak to me so sa la ve-

 Needless to say, in this example, without a homeowners association, he had
no $$$ to put up a real court fight, and nothing to stand on under Colorado
Law at the time since I found a loophole and was grandfathered in- I'd
suggest for others to look for loopholes, be neighbor friendly, but stick to
your guns...Our CCR's at the time were nothing more than a way for the
developer to keep the neighborhood clean until all units were sold-

I've been back to my old neighborhood a few times and just about every house
has some form of violation from RV's parked out front, to swamp coolers on
the roofs, to chain link fences etc...........and yes, a few CB and ham
antennas around-  With no HOA in place, you have a good chance to put up
antennas within reason if you find the right angle to work around-

73  Paul  N0AH
Ex Denverite
Rural Wyoming Resident

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----