[TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@contesting.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:25:56 -0500

Not going in circles for me.

Proof?  It's not like this is an unvalidated/unmodeled antenna from a
fly-by-night company, though we unfortunately do have some manufacturers
of that ilk. For general purposes do I need other than the two antennas
are interlaced on the same boom and sold as a single antenna, and that
F12 recommends 8 feet or more for vertical separation if sold
separately? They use a paid contractor for their NEC4 modeling, and have
done the work up tower for validation. If I was looking for something to
be worried about, I would find something else with some likelihood.

BTW, to one other poster, the EF240 and 240N are rather DIFFERENT
antennas.  Spacing requirements are different as well.

Guy Olinger, K2AV
Apex, NC, USA