[TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@contesting.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:59:43 -0500

I'm at work, so don't have my diagrams to look at, but I seem to recall that the 40N series DE has an inductor at the center for impedance matching, so it really ISN'T a split dipole.

The conundrum you mention is one of the reasons to NOT use a split arrangement -- reduce variation in characteristic due to feedline differences. Someone might want to use a dedicated feedline.

I'll check the diagrams when I get home and post a confirmation tonight.

Someone may

73, Guy.