[TowerTalk] 2 vs 3 ele 40m yagi - opinions?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 13:10:31 EST

In a message dated 2/6/01 9:12:55 AM Pacific Standard Time, wy6k@yahoo.com
writes:

> I have a Force 12 715 (15 meters, 7 elements,
>  monoband).  The hairpin match blew off.  The only
>  effect this has had that is noticable so far is that
>  the resonance moved down to the CW end of the band.  I
>  use a tuner on the phone band and it seems to be fine.
>   Before this, I had to use a tuner for CW and a tuner
>  for the high end of the phone band.  So it seems like
>  this has been an improvement of sorts.

    You mean the little coil at the feedpoint? (Yes, I think it's a sort of
hairpin).  It lets you fine-tune the swr by opening and closing the coils.

>  Has this affected the efficiency of the antenna?

    Probably zip since the radiating parts of the antenna didn't change. If
the efficiency did change, you'll probably never be able to notice since it's
so small.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech