[TowerTalk] in defense of Yuri

Sain'T Tom k4rv@mindspring.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:22:15 -0600

 In defense of Yuri:

     Seems to me that there is ample evidence that Yuri's Razors did get out
very well.

     Seems to me that Yuri's Razors heard DX very well as he had to hear the
weak stations to work them so as to run up a high score in a DX contest.

     Seems to me that Yuri never made any outrageous claims about the
performance of his Razors.  He just reported the events that took place.

     Seems to me that Yuri was nice enough to let us know about a successful
antenna that he had developed on his own.

     Seems to me that Yuri is no more obligated to share the details of his
antenna with me, than any DXpedtion operation is obligated to be run the way
I want it to be run.

     Seems to me that no one has claimed that Yuri's Razor was superior to
any antenna built with bits and bytes, nor has anyone proved that any
professionally or amateur built REAL antenna is inferior to a Razor.  (About
professional and amateur construction --> Keep in mind that Noah's Ark was
amateur built and the Titanic was built by pros)

     Seems to me that the only way to find out how Yuri's Razor, IN REALITY,
compares to any other antenna is to A-B the two while working DX, unless the
two antennas are to be compared for some other purpose.

     Seems to me that what seems to me may not seem the same way to you.
Our opinions are generally like behinds - each of us has one, but each of us
is not particularly interested in knowing much about one belonging to
someone else.

     Seems to me that since this email is posted on the reflector, a reply
on the reflector is justified.  However, if any reply is in order, I would
prefer it be sent directly to k4rv@mindspring.com.

73  Tom  K4RV