[TowerTalk] Dream on, he will have to prove it to manufacturers on his de...

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:25:09 EST

In a message dated 2/11/2001 17:44:43 Eastern Standard Time, poster@gate.net
writes:

> You can't just talk about it but will have to model it in a antenna
>  program.

You can dreaming, while I am working :-)
You still don't getit?
The Razors were developed, tested and compared to commercial Yagis on 2m
antenna test range, which is much better, more controlled environment than
the HF bands and test sites. VHFers do have antenna measuring contests on 2m
and 70 cm, that's where the proof of the pudding is. Not some "calculations".
If it is not modeled in an antenna program then it is no good! Wow!
Live and learn eh? What's next, trying to solder the coax to the paper
antenna?
I said I will subject them to antenna modeling programs, see if the programs
reflect the true real situation and how close.
My, my what "technology" is doing to people. Two plus two is not four, if the
calculator doesn't say it?

For those from Rio Linda:
Razors were developed on 2m models on real antenna test range. That's where
the gain figures and performance comparison was done, found to be major
improvement in antenna design, and worthwhile scaling and using on HF bands.
See the upcoming story, beautiful color pictures and explanation of the
process, so others can try to follow, if they wish.

73 Yuri