[TowerTalk] F-12 C3S assembly hints?

Greg Gobleman k9zm@frontiernet.net
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 05:39:16 -0600

I think that I would add, when I built a different model, that to measure
overall length of each element.  Do not try to measure each section and have
it match the manual.  It's not going to happen.  But the overall length will
match.

Also, when I got 2 rivets in and the third did not want to go it.  I
pondered that for a bit.  Tried the other section which would not be close.
Went back to the original section, made sure that I had the right end, and
put the 3rd rivet in first.  Then the other two seemed to drop in ok.  Tight
but they went in.  You would think that it should not make a difference
which rivet was put in first but for some reason, for me it did. But that
only happened a couple of times.

Do use the anti-oxidant as per instructions.  Also, get some Scotch 33 or 88
and wrap the gray PVC insulators to add some life to them.

Greg K9ZM